Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Everyone will love Gousto's super simple fish supper!
Gousto's cheesy cod and spinach gratin is so easy to whip up. You'll simply pop spinach, soft cheese and cod in an oven-proof dish before topping with cheddar cheese and panko breadcrumbs for a crispy, cheesy crunch. It's incredibly easy and is served with crispy potato discs that are a breeze to prepare. Cheesy peasy! A delicious healthy and filling dish and the cod really soaks up the rich cheesy sauce. One of our easiest low calorie meals (opens in new tab) if you're trying to shed some weight.
- 4 x 110g cod fillets
- 80g cheddar cheese
- 600g potatoes
- 160g baby leaf spinach
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 100g soft cheese
- 60g panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ 425°F/ Gas 7. Boil a kettle. Slice the potatoes (skins on) into discs, approx. 1cm thick.
- Add the potatoes to a baking tray. Drizzle the potatoes generously with vegetable oil, then season generously with both salt and pepper. Tip: Drizzle from up high for an even coating. Put the tray in the oven for 20-30 min or until the potatoes are cooked through and crispy – these are your potato discs.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, dissolve the vegetable stock cube and the soft cheese in 150ml boiled water – this is your cheesy stock. Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Wash and drain the baby leaf spinach dry, then add it to an oven-proof dish.
- Pour the cheesy stock all over the washed spinach.
- Add the cod fillets to the spinach and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs and grated cheese all over the cod. Drizzle over a little olive oil and put the dish in the oven for 15-20 min or until the fish is cooked through – this is your cheesy cod & spinach gratin.
- Serve the cheesy cod & spinach gratin with the potato discs to the side. Enjoy! From recipe box company Gousto's Everyday Favourites range. Gousto delivers precise ingredients and easy-to-follow recipe cards, with free delivery, 40 weekly recipes and prices from £2.98 per person. More information at www.gousto.co.uk (opens in new tab)
Top Tip for making Gousto's cheesy cod and spinach gratin with crispy potatoes
Your fish is cooked once it flakes easily