Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Mixed greens with miso dressing makes a change from the same old salad or side and takes just 20 mins to make. The tangy miso dressing really works wonders with the fresh runner beans and peas with walnuts for texture.
Our guide on how to prepare and cook runner beans will make this recipe even easier!
- 250g runner beans, trimmed and sliced
- 250g fresh or frozen peas
- 60g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 60g pea shoots
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp brown rice miso paste
- 3 tbsp dry sherry (or sake)
- 4 tbsp mirin rice wine
- 1 level tbsp dark brown soft sugar
- To make the dressing: whisk the miso, sherry, mirin, and sugar in a small pan. Put over a low heat and simmer for 7-10 mins, until thick and syrupy and reduced by about half. Take off the heat and cool.
- Add the beans to a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 2 mins. Add the peas and cook for 2-3 mins more. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Put the veg into a large bowl. Add the walnuts, then stir in the dressing, adding the rice vinegar. Gently stir in the pea shoots. Serve straight away.
Top Tip for making Greens with miso dressing
Try adding sautéed onion or spring onions to add extra flavour.