This healthy oven-roasted halibut recipe is gently infused with Mediterranean flavours to create the perfect summer fish dish.
One of our favourite Halibut recipes, it's the perfect summer option for a hearty lunch or dinner. Halibut with oven-roasted tomatoes, basil and tapenade is so easy to make at home. The soft, sweet tomatoes work wonders with the tender piece of fish and the tangy flavour of the basil and tapenade. This recipe is ideally made and eaten on the same day for the best, freshest flavour. Serve with new potatoes and a crisp green side salad for the ultimate summer dinner dish.
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 200g halibut steaks
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive tapenade (olive paste)
- Basil leaves
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 3 or 160°C.
- Put the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tray, drizzle over 1 tbsp of the oil and season. Bake in the oven for 35 mins.
- Increase the oven temperature to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C.
- Season the halibut steaks and place in the tray with the cherry tomatoes. Scatter the garlic over the tomatoes and drizzle the fish with the remaining oil.
- Bake the fish for 15-20 mins, until cooked through.
- Serve with the tapenade and basil leaves.
Top Tip for making Halibut with oven-roasted tomatoes, basil and tapenade
This recipe also works well with haddock or cod fillets - give it a go!
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon
Our prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon is so simple to make at home and is bursting with plenty of flavour - the perfect mid-week meal.
By Jessica Dady Published
Slimming World's pasta with prawns, chilli and tomatoes
Slimming World's pasta with prawns, chilli and tomatoes is an easy and speedy suppertime treat than will leave you feeling full and happy.
By Slimming World Last updated
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published