Easy ham, spinach and cheese quiche is ideal for using up leftovers and is ready in just 30 minutes. It's great value too, with each portion working out at about £1.59.
- 200g spinach
- 230g shortcrust pastry, we used Marie, La Pâte Brisée pre-cut circle
- 150g ricotta cheese
- 4 free-range eggs, beaten
- 100g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1tsp thyme leaves, chopped
- 90g smoked ham batons or cooked ham, torn
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5 .
- Put the spinach into a colander and pour over boiling water to wilt. Run under cold water, then use your hands to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Unroll the pastry circle and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Beat the ricotta and eggs until smooth then add the cheese, thyme, ham and wilted spinach. Season and pour into the centre of the tart case.
- Fold up the edges of the pastry over the filling. Brush with a little milk, then bake in the bottom of the oven for 20 mins or until set, puffed up slightly and the pastry is golden.
Top Tip for making Ham, spinach and cheese quiche
Swap the ham for other meats instead like beef or chicken pieces
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Gordon Ramsay's honey glazed ham
Gordon Ramsay's honey glazed ham recipe is a great staple as it can be served hot or cold. Whether served as a Christmas ham or Sunday lunch it's delicious
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Learn how to make bite-sized mini quiches with this easy recipe. Our quiches come with a bacon and cheese filling but you can experiment with flavours
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Feta and red pepper quiche
Full of summer flavours and the salty addition of feta cheese, this feta and red pepper quiche is a great picnic slice.
By Jules Mercer • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Why is there an egg shortage in the UK? Here’s why supermarkets are running out of eggs
Find out why is there an egg shortage, as some supermarkets see their shelves left empty as a result of the ongoing issue.
By Ellie Hutchings • Last updated
M&S Food's Easter eggs have arrived and customers are not happy
Chocolate Easter eggs have already been spotted at Marks and Spencer's supermarkets
By Emma Dooney • Published
King Charles’ security to be stepped up ahead of Christmas appearance after two 'egg attacks'
Royal security bosses are in talks to tighten security for the King ahead of Christmas at Sandringham.
By Selina Maycock • Published