Our healthy pizza will satisfy your pizza cravings without breaking the diet! We’ve used a wholemeal pizza base to give you plenty of fibre, and rolled it out really thin to make a large healthy pizza to share, or two smaller pizzas. Reducing the size of your pizza is a great way to stick to your diet and still enjoy your favourite foods. Making your own tomato sauce cuts sugar and calories, and using just a scattering of mozzarella cuts the fat content, whilst giving you the cheesy pizza fix you’re craving. Good-for-you toppings like spinach, onion and mushrooms add nutritional value and flavour without upping the calorie count too much. This healthy pizza has a beautifully crisp base, making it taste much more like a real pizza than ones made from cauliflower or tortillas. This veg-packed healthy pizza proves you can still enjoy your favourite comfort foods whilst watching what you eat.
- 1 wholemeal pizza base (we used Northern Dough Co)
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2tbsp olive oil
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g spinach, wilted
- 80g light mozzarella
- handful basil leaves
- To make the tomato base, bring the tinned tomato to a simmer in a shallow pan, add the chopped garlic, and leave to simmer for 15 mins. Season and stir in a few torn basil leaves.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and gently cook the onions until they soften and start to caramelize.
- Heat the oven to 200C. On top of some baking paper, roll out the pizza dough until very thin and make either one large pizza (about 14 inches) or two smaller pizzas. Transfer the dough (keeping on the paper) to a baking tray, top with tomato sauce, then arrange the sliced mushrooms, wilted spinach, and caramelized onions on top. Tear over the mozzarella.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the base if cooked and cheese has melted and started to brown. Scatter with fresh basil leaves, if you like.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Weight Watchers florentine pizza recipe
This Weight Watchers Florentine pizza is delicious! Don't miss out on a tasty pizza treat and opt instead for this healthy version - a classic favourite to have without ruining your diet.
By WW (Weight Watchers) • Published
Pissaladière is a French variation on the classic Italian pizza. We've topped ours with with onions, olives and anchovies - delicious!
By Jules Mercer • Published
Spooky Halloween pizza
By Jessica Dady • Published
This easy apple pie recipe is a real classic. Made traditionally with stewed apples and a rich buttery pastry you just can't go wrong...
By Jessica Dady • Published
This Peshwari naan recipe is simple and makes a great Indian cuisine side dish. They only take minutes to cook and complete any classic Indian dish...
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Hairy Bikers' chicken and wild mushroom pie
A tender chicken and rich wild mushroom pie recipe by The Hairy Bikers. Ready in just six simple steps...
By Hairy Bikers • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Pizza Hut is launching a roast dinner pizza and food fans are torn
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published