A coating of honey mustard transforms salmon from everyday eating to something extra-special in minutes
- 8 midi plum tomato vines (allow 2 per serving)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, approx 140g (5oz) each
- 2tbsp honey mustard
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 140ml (¼ pt) dry white wine
- 5tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 bunch watercress, washed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4). Pierce each of the tomatoes with a sharp knife or cocktail stick and place in a single layer on a baking tray. Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 mins.
- Season salmon lightly with salt and generously with pepper. Spread the honey mustard over both sides of the fish. In a large frying pan, heat half the butter. Sear fish over a high heat, turning once, for about 8 mins until browned on both sides. Using a spatula, transfer the salmon to a platter.
- Add rest of butter to pan and cook onion for 2 mins, stirring. Reduce heat, add wine and simmer for 2 mins, then stir in crème fraîche. Return fish to pan to warm through. Serve on a bed of rice with the roasted tomatoes. Spoon sauce over and garnish with watercress.
Top Tip for making Honey mustard seared salmon fillets with rice and roasted baby tomatoes
Salmon is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease. Experts recommend eating two portions of fish each week.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Slimming World's chilli and cauliflower rice recipe
This Slimming World chilli and cauliflower rice is easy to make, but healthy and satisfying to eat - the perfect mid-week supper that will please the whole family!
By Slimming World Published
Prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon
Our prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon is so simple to make at home and is bursting with plenty of flavour - the perfect mid-week meal.
By Jessica Dady Published
Slimming World's pasta with prawns, chilli and tomatoes
Slimming World's pasta with prawns, chilli and tomatoes is an easy and speedy suppertime treat than will leave you feeling full and happy.
By Slimming World Last updated
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published