Sticky chicken makes such a great dinner option as it’s super tasty but is a relatively cheap form of protein – so it’s great for filling up the whole family. This recipe uses honey, ginger and soy sauce to create a really tangy marinade that you’ll absolutely love. Served up with brown basmati rice, spring onions and tenderstem broccoli, this dinner option is full of different textures and provides a healthy mix of ingredients that are perfect for a mid-week treat that you’ll want to try again and again. What’s more, this recipe serves four people and is ready in under 30 minutes, so it’s a great one to turn to when you’ve had a long day and want something you can whip up in a flash. You can make this one ahead too as this chicken dish is suitable for freezing.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 5tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 3tbsp runny honey
- 1½ tbsp rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 200g brown basmati rice
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- 2tsp sesame seeds
- To make this chicken recipe (opens in new tab), heat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4. Grate the garlic and ginger into a large freezer bag, add the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil and chicken breast pieces.
- Shake well and set aside to marinate.
- Rinse and cook the basmati rice according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, tip the chicken and sauce into a roasting tray and cook for 15-18 mins, until cooked through.
- Add the spring onions and tenderstem broccoli for the final 3 mins of cooking.
- Scatter with coriander and sesame seeds.
- Serve with the drained, rinsed rice.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make at home and tastes delicious too. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken.
By Gordon Ramsay • Last updated
Fortune cookie are actually pretty easy to make at home with our classic recipe. Also, when you make your own you can personalise the fortunes!
By Rosie Conroy • Published
Honey and sesame chicken
Looking for quick rice recipes? James Tanner's easy sesame chicken takes less than 15 mins to make and cost just over £2 per head - just follow our step-by-step video recipe.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Dog owners warned over poisonous danger on walks this spring
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
These 7 everyday clothing items could get drivers FINED up to £5,000 - do you wear them at the wheel?
By Selina Maycock • Published
Kate Middleton and Prince William's romantic hotel dinner order will surprise you
By Emma Shacklock • Published