Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Our mouth-watering creamy Italian summer pudding recipe is made with yogurt, mascarpone and sponge fingers. It's an Italian twist on a British summer classic. This sumptuous summer dessert looks spectacular and is much easier to make than you'd think! This pud is packed full of delicious mixed berries and is given a creamy, yogurt twist which works wonders with the sponge outsides. This recipe serves 6 people and will take only 15 mins t prepare. This easy dessert is perfect for enjoying with the whole family on a warm, summer evening. Serve with fresh cream or sweet fruit coulis.
- 200ml (7fl oz) sweet dessert wine
- 150g (5oz) sponge fingers
- 250g (9oz) reduced-fat mascarpone
- 300g (11oz) 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 450g (1lb) mixed berries, halved if large
- Fruit coulis, to serve
- Line a 2ltr (3½ pt) pudding basin with clingfilm, leaving enough spare at the top to wrap over the finished pudding.
- Pour the wine into a shallow container and dip the sponge fingers into it briefly, then use them to line the basin. Make sure there are no gaps.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mascarpone, yogurt and vanilla with the icing sugar - stir well to distribute evenly.
- Fill the lined basin with alternate layers of sweetened marscapone and berries, starting with the mascarpone.
- Cover with the spare clingfilm and chill for at least 3 hrs. Unwrap the clingfilm and turn the pudding out on to a plate. Serve with fruit coulis.
Top Tip for making Creamy Italian summer pudding
This pudding is best made in July, August and September when berries are in season.