Try James Tanner's pork with a twist for an alternative Sunday lunch
- 150g pork fillet50g black pudding
- 250g mashed potato
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pear
- 50ml red wine
- 100ml beef stock
- 1 knob butter
- 1 chopped shallot
- Roast the pork in a sauté pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Bake in the oven at 200 C for further 5 minutes. Half way through baking add maple syrup by coating over the pork.
- After cooking, leave pork to rest on a wire rack for 2 minutes.
- Slice black pudding, drizzle with olive oil and cook for 3 minutes in oven at 200 C.
- Slice pear, coat in olive oil and chargrill on both sides for 2 minutes.
- For sauce, sauté shallot for 1 minute, then add the wine.
- Reduce the wine by half, add the stock and reduce liquid by two thirds. Strain and whisk in a knob of butter.
- To serve, heat mashed potato and arrange on plate then slice pork and arrange alternately with slices of black pudding over the chargrilled pear, drizzle red wine sauce.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Sausage and bean stew
Our sausage and bean stew is a fail-safe family recipe. It's basically baked beans and sausages, but it's so good you'll never want to eat them out of a tin again.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Mexican bean sausage soup
Mexican bean and sausage soup is a warm and filling dinner or lunch recipe that you'll want to make time and time again with spicy chorizo and more
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Beans and sausage bake
This beans and sausage bake is packed with chunky potatoes, flageolet and kidney beans in a rich, tomato sauce. A perfect sausage supper.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Pizza Hut is launching a roast dinner pizza and food fans are torn
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
You can now get your Toby Carvery roast dinner delivered with Just Eat
That’s right, a roast dinner delivered to your door
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Aldi are selling giant Yorkshire puddings filled with an entire roast dinner for just £1.99
By Caitlin Elliott • Published