Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This simple-to-prepare lamb dish is full of flavour - thanks to a deliciously creamy mustard sauce.
Looking for more easy lamb chop recipes to make - check out our super helpful guide!
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2-3tbsp Dijon mustard
- 25ml (4floz) double cream
- 1 head Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Brush the lamb chops with a little olive oil and grill under a medium heat for 3-4 mins on each side.
- Melt half the butter in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 5 mins until soft. Add the mustard and cream, season well and simmer for 1 min. Set aside.
- Put the cabbage in pan with 2-3tbsp water, cover and cook for 2-3 mins over a low heat. Uncover and stir in the rest of the butter. Season well.
- Warm the sauce through and add the lemon zest and juice. Season and serve with the lamb chops, cabbage and some new potatoes.
Top Tip for making Lamb chops with mustard sauce
Avoid buying pre-cut cabbage because it begins to lose its vitamin C content as soon as it's cut.