A tasty lamb dish served with garlicky green beans and potatoes, peppers and aubergine.
- 8 lamb cutlets
- 1 red pepper, cut lengthways into 2cm strips
- 1 large white potato
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tin of peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 5tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Salt and pepper
- 1 packet green beans
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. For the vegetable medley, peel and cut the potato into 2cm rounds. Heat 1tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the potatoes over a medium heat, turning occasionally until golden brown or for 15/20 mins. Season with salt and pepper and reserve on kitchen towel.
- Place the red pepper in the same pan with 1tbsp of olive oil. Fry the peppers, turning occasionally for 15-20 mins until slightly coloured and soft. Reserve the peppers on kitchen towel. Slice the aubergine into 2cm rounds and repeat the same process as above and reserve on kitchen towel.
- Peel and finely dice the onion and one clove of garlic. Fry the onion for 5 mins over a medium heat, then add the garlic and fry for a further 2 mins. Add the tomatoes and thyme and simmer gently for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil an ovenproof dish. Create one layer of potatoes in the bottom of the dish. Then layer the peppers and aubergines on top. Pour the tomato mixture over the layered vegetables and reserve until needed. Place in the oven for 15 mins.
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper, heat a griddle pan with 1tbsp olive oil over a high heat. Cook the cutlets for 2 mins each side remove from the heat and allow to rest somewhere warm.
- Dissolve the stock cube and create ½ pint of stock, having removed the cutlets from the griddle pan add the stock and reduce over a low/medium heat until the required consistency, approximately 5-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, blanche the green beans in boiling water for 5 mins and cool in cold water and then pat them dry. Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the beans with the remainder of the garlic. Heat through for 2 mins turning the beans. Season with salt and pepper and serve.