If you wouldn’t normally think of using lamb in a stir fry then this delicious recipe will surprise you. Use neck fillet or boneless leg of lamb chops and add onions, peppers and black bean sauce to make a satisfying and delicious midweek meal.
Looking for more easy lamb chop recipes to make - check out our super helpful guide!
- 450g lamb neck fillet or boneless leg of lamb chops
- 1 egg white
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion,sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 5 tbsp black bean sauce
- Cut the lamb into very thin strips. Mix the cornflour with the egg white and the Chinese five spice powder.
- Toss the lamb strips in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a wok, frying or sauté pan and add the lamb.
- Stir fry over a high heat for 5 minutes or until the lamb starts to crisp at the edges.
- Add the onion, spring onions and peppers to the wok and stir fry for 5 – 6 minutes until the vegetables are just softened.
- Stir in the black bean sauce and heat through. Serve with rice or noodles.
Top Tip for making Lamb with black bean and peppers
Make sure you keep the cornflour coated lamb moving in the wok to prevent it from sticking.