A refreshing lemonade with lavender and a sweet tang of lemon. From our friends at Woman's Weekly, this drink takes just minutes to make
- 4 unwaxed lemons, well washed
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- ¼-½ teaspoon lavender essence (we used Kentish Lavender Essence, for use in ice cream and soft drinks)
- 1200ml water
- Take the zest off the lemons in large pieces, using a vegetable peeler and put into a heatproof jug.
- Add the juice from the lemons and the sugar to the jug and pour in 600ml (1 pt) boiling water.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and leave to cool completely.
- Strain the mixture into another jug. Add the lavender essence and 600ml (1 pt) water, adding more water and ice to taste.
Top Tip for making Lavender lemonade
Freeze lavender flowers and small slices of lemon in the ice for extra effect.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.