Individual smoked trout and leek mousse delicately wrapped in a pretty parcel.
- 2 medium leeks
- 225g/8oz smoked trout
- 225g/8oz crème fraiche
- 1 sachet gelatine powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice of
- Sprinkling ground sea salt and black pepper
- Lime slices for garnish
- Trim leeks and halve lengthwise. Pull away sufficient strips of leek to line the ramekin dishes. Set aside remaining leek for filling.
- Place leek strips in a colander over boiling water for 2-3 minutes to soften. Rinse under cold water.
- Line ramekin dishes with alternate strips of smoked trout and leek leaving sufficient to fold back over filling.
- Prepare filling. Place remaining leek in a food processor and chop until fine. Gently sauté the leek in the olive oil for 5 minutes to soften but not brown.
- Finely chop the remaining smoked trout and parsley and combine with the leek, lime zest and juice and seasonings. Stir in the crème fraiche.
- Place 2tbsp of cold water into a small cup and sprinkle gelatine over. Microwave briefly for 5 seconds to dissolve the gelatine to a clear liquid. Stir into the leek mixture.
- Whisk egg whites with an electric mixer until with the bowl can be inverted without losing the filling. Gently fold egg white into the leek mixture using a metal spoon. Spoon filling into lined ramekin dishes and fold back leek and smoked trout over the filling.
- Chill for at least 2 hours until the filling has set. Gently turn out onto individual plates and garnish with lime and parsley.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Cheese crumble with leeks
Looking for vegetarian recipes, vegetarian crumble recipes or leek and cheese crumble recipes? This delicious leek and cheese crumble with mustard, hazelnuts and parsley is easy to make and a great vegetarian dish.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Fish chowder is a creamy and filling soup that's full of good-for-you fish and chunky veg. The perfect thing to warm you up on a winter evening.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Robbie Williams claims he nearly died of mercury poisoning due to fish-heavy diet
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Prince George will 'learn how to fly fish' on Cambridges' family holiday to Balmoral
By Hayley Minn • Published
Fish and chips crowned UK’s favourite takeaway
By Aleesha Badkar • Published