Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A rich and sticky favourite with all the family, this chocolate and walnut torte is the perfect way to end your meal
- 120g chopped walnuts
- 80g chopped dates
- 80g chopped ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 80g crystalised pineapple
- 180g caster sugar
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large free range eggs
- 80g grated dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 150C, gas mark 3
- Beat the eggs until pale and fluffy
- Sift the sugar, flour, baking powder and cinnamon and fold in
- Add the walnuts, dates, apricots, pineapple and grated chocolate and mix well
- Grease a 22cm loose bottomed cake tin
- Pour in the mixture evenly
- Bake for 45-50 mins until golden brown
- Allow to cool on a cake rack before serving.
Top Tip for making Lisa Faulkner's chocolate and walnut torte
Make it a nut-free cake by leaving out the walnuts