Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This macaroni cheese for one is perfect for when you want a hit of cheesy comfort food but don’t want to cook a huge dish. Our macaroni cheese for one also has added frozen spinach and some bacon for extra indulgence. This macaroni cheese for one is cheap to make and is ready in no time! Choose extra mature Cheddar cheese if you like a strong cheesy kick, or a mild cheddar if you are just looking for the subtle flavour and melted texture. You could even experiment with smoked cheddars like Applewood for a different twist on the classic.
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 90g macaroni pasta
- 2 rashers bacon
- 60g cream cheese
- ½tsp mustard powder
- 1tbsp thickening granules
- 125g frozen spinach
- 60g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Pop half the stock cube into a large pan of water. Bring to the boil, add the macaroni and simmer for 8 mins, until just tender.
- Grill the bacon for 10 mins, until crispy, or microwave on High for 2 mins.
- Put the cream cheese, mustard powder and thickening granules in a large jug.
- Add the remaining stock cube to 175ml boiling water to make the chicken stock.
- Gradually mix into the cream cheese mixture in the jug. Microwave on High for 1 min, to thicken slightly.
- Microwave the spinach for 1 min, just to defrost. Put in a sieve, resting over a bowl. Press the spinach with a masher to remove excess liquid.
- Drain the macaroni and add to the sauce. Chop the bacon into pieces and add to the macaroni along with the spinach. Stir in half the grated cheese and spoon into a small ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 15 mins more, until the top is golden.