Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Delicious gravy accompaniment to your roast chicken made tasty and flavoursome with Spanish wine
- Juices from the chicken or turkey pan
- 2 level tbsp plain flour
- 2-4 tbsp Madeira
- Gravy browning, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Skim 4 tablespoons fat from chicken or turkey juices and put in a pan. Skim the rest of the fat off the juices and discard it.
- Measure out 600ml (1 pint) from the juices left or add water if necessary to make up to 600ml (1 pint).
- Heat the fat in the pan and then add the flour. Cook for about a minute, stirring well, and then gradually add the juices,beating well to give a smooth gravy. Add the Madeira and simmer the gravy for a couple of minutes. Add some gravy browning, if liked, and season to taste. Keep hot until serving time.