For the tastiest bbq results, marinate this delicious avocado and paprika sea bass dish a couple of days in advance.
- 675g(1½ lb) sea bass fillets, cut into strips
- 450g (1lb) sea salt
- 400ml (13fl oz) olive oil
- 50g (2oz) cucumber cut into 3mm slices
- 75ml (3fl oz) soy sauce
- 4 ripe avocados, sliced
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 3tsp paprika
- 4tbsp avocado oil (or use olive oil)
- Sea salt to season
- Completely cover the bass fillets in coarse salt for 10 mins. Rinse the fillets in fresh water and dry with kitchen roll. Marinate in olive oil for at least 48 hrs.
- Marinate the cucumber in the soy sauce for half an hour - for best results, marinate overnight.
- Half fill a 8cm x 2cm x 2cm (or mini loaf) tin with thin slices of avocado sprinkled with lemon juice. Cover with the sea bass strips, season generously with paprika, then cover with more avocado sprinkled with lemon to fill the tin. Cover with cling film, press to settle, place a weight over the top of the tin and set aside in a cool place for 1 hr.
- Make dressing by mixing the avocado oil, the remaining paprika, 2 drops of lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt. To serve, carefully turn out the tin and cut into individual portions, dice the marinated cucumber slices and place on top. Finish by drizzling with paprika-seasoned oil.
Top Tip for making Marinated paprika sea bass with avocado
Lemon will stop the avocado from going black. You can also use ascorbic acid (vitamin C), available in pharmacies. A generous pinch of this stops the oxidation of the avocado, without adding a lemon flavour.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Fish chowder is a creamy and filling soup that's full of good-for-you fish and chunky veg. The perfect thing to warm you up on a winter evening.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Warning issued over viral avocado hack that could make you 'violently ill'
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published