Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Mars bar cakes are the perfect naughty treat to make with the kids. Quick, tasty and unlike our classic chocolate cake (opens in new tab) you don't need to cook them. Because these Mars bar cakes are so easy to make, you can get the little ones to help you make them. Get their help with mixing the melted chocolate with the Rice Krispies and then patting the mixture into a lined tin. You need to leave the mixture to set for 30 minutes. You'll only need five ingredients to make this Mars bar recipe, including Mars bars, Rice Krispies and golden syrup. This Mars bar cakes recipe makes serves six.
- 5 standard-size Mars bars
- 200g white chocolate
- 150g butter
- Rice Krispies to absorb the mixture – approx 100g
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- Grease a rectangular tin – approx 15 x 30cm – and line with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and Mars bars in a small pan. When it’s all melted, add the Rice Krispies and stir until they are all coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Press the mixture into the lined tin and leave to set.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, then pour it over the top of the cake.
- Cut into squares when cold and store in an airtight container.
Top Tip for making Mars bar cakes
When melting the whilte chocolate don't be tempted to stir it, just let it melt by itself
You might also like...
Chocolate bar drip cake (opens in new tab)
Sweetie cake (opens in new tab)
Mars bar slice (opens in new tab)