Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Lasagne can be just as tasty without meat. Substitute mince for a delicious combination of mushroom and mascarpone for a dinner time treat
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 250g (8oz) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 500g (1lb) frozen spinach
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g (1lb) mascarpone (2 tubs)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 200g (7oz) fresh egg lasagne sheets
- 290g jar of red peppers, drained and sliced
- 60g (2oz) pecorino cheese, grated
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a frying pan and gently fry the mushrooms for a few minutes, to brown them. Tip them into a 2 pint ovenproof dish.
- Wipe out the pan, heat the rest of the oil, add the onion and cook for a few minutes, to soften it, then add the garlic and spinach. Cook for a few minutes more until the spinach is defrosted. Season.
- Mix together the mascarpone, some seasoning and the nutmeg.
- Arrange a layer of lasagne over the mushrooms, then add the peppers. Spread another layer of lasagne on top. Spoon over the spinach and finish with the final layer of lasagne.
- Spread the mascarpone over the top and sprinkle with the pecorino. Bake for 30 minutes.