Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Our easy melon ice lollies are a real family favourite. With just four ingredients and 15 minutes prep time, these healthy melon ice lollies couldn't be simpler to make. The only sweetener in these is a little pressed apple juice - perfect if you're trying to cut down on sugar - but they taste so good that the kids will still think they're a treat! This recipe makes 8 ice lollies, perfect if the kids have friends over from school and you're looking for an after school treat they can all enjoy.
- About 500g watermelon flesh (1⁄4 of a watermelon), cut into chunks – no need to deseed it
- About 300g honeydew melon flesh (from 1⁄2 a melon, deseeded), cut into chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- 100ml pressed apple juice
- Put the watermelon in a blender and whizz until smooth. Strain into a jug, then pour onto 8 lolly moulds to come about a third of the way up the moulds. Freeze for about 1 hour or until almost frozen solide.
- Rinse out the blender and add the honeydew melon with the lime juice and apple juice and whizz to a purée.
- Push the mixture through a sieve and pour into the lolly moulds, inserting a stick in the middle, and freeze until solid. Pour in remaining watermelon juice to fill the moulds, then freeze. Use within 3 months.
- When you want to eat the lollies, take the moulds out of the freezer and dip them in hot water for 10-20 secs to release the lollies.
Top Tip for making Melon ice lollies
Ice lolly moulds vary in capacity. If you have any mixture left over, use plastic cups as moulds.