Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A hearty soup can make a really comforting meal, whether you’re looking for something to fill you up in the evening or a really special lunch option you can make ahead that you know is full of tasty flavours. And this soup recipe is a great option to try this spring. With orange and red pepper combined with Mexican seasoning, it’s got a great kick and is full of lovely Mexican flavours. Mixed beans are a great source of vitamins and fibre and will help keep you feeling full for longer. What’s more, it couldn’t be easier to whip up this tasty soup. Make a batch to serve up with crumbled Lancashire cheese and you’ll have a really tasty dinner you’ll go back to time and time again.
- 1tsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved
- 2tbsp Mexican seasoning
- 400g minced beef
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Pot
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can mixed beans, drained
- 2 limes
- 100g Lancashire cheese, crumbled
- Handful of coriander leaves
- To make this soup recipe, heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and carefully grate the onion into the pan. Cook for 2 mins before adding the seasoning and minced beef.
- Stir well, until browned, and break up the beef to prevent lumps.
- Stir through the yellow and orange peppers and the Stock Pot. Pour over the canned tomatoes and beans. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and cover with a lid for 10-12 mins.
- Squeeze over the juice of 1 lime and season.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese and coriander leaves, and lime wedges on the side.