Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
There is nothing like Mexican food to greet you after a hard day's work. This mexican bowl is packed full of protein from the salmon and quinoa and topped off with some fresh herbs and yogurt.
- 2 salmon fillets or one large
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of honey (optional)
- 1 tsp tamari (soy sauce or liquid aminos)
- 1 onion
- 1 red chilli
- Coconut oil for cooking (or butter)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can of lentils
- 100g quinoa
- 4 tbsp yogurt (whole milk, coconut or goats)
- Serve with lime, olive oil and chopped coriander
- Rub the salmon in the cumin, 1 crushed garlic clove, honey and tamari and leave to the side.
- Finely dice the onion and chilli and crush the remaining 2 garlic cloves. Remove the seeds from the chilli if you don’t like it too spicy. Place 1 tbsp of coconut oil in the pan and sauté the onion with a pinch of salt. Sauté for 5 minutes then add the chilli, garlic and smoked paprika.
- Rinse the lentils in filtered water, drain and poor them in. Add in 100ml of filtered water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the quinoa and pour into a pot with 220ml of filtered water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer and cook with the lid on for 12 minutes. Lift the lid and turn off the heat. Fluff it with a fork then leave to sit while you make the salmon.
- Heat a fry pan with 1/2 tbsp of oil, allow the pan to get hot. Slice the salmon into large chunks and season with pepper. Place them skin side down on the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Place all three dishes together with yogurt, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh coriander and the juice of one lime.
Top Tip for making Mexican salmon, lentil and quinoa bowl
Try different types of yogurt (e.g. coconut or goats) for a different spin on the dish, with very different flavours.