Michel Roux Junior's potato salad with grilled mackerel is a great way to serve potato salad as a meal rather than a side dish. Celebrity Masterchef judge Michel Roux Jr.'s has created this tasty potato salad with hot horseradish and healthy mackerel, an oily fish that is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, selenium and vitamin B12. It makes a great summer dinner, and keeps well in the fridge for a packed lunch the next day.
- 4 fillets mackerel, trimmed and pin-boned
- 4tbsp sour cream
- 4 potatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 stick fresh horseradish
- Salt, pepper, lemon juice
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until fully cooked. Leave to cool then peel.
- Cut into dice and fold in the thinly sliced spring onion, sour cream, seasoning and as much grated horseradish as you can take.
- Lay the fish skin side up, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place under a hot grill and cook for 6-8 mins.
- The skin should be browned and crisp. Finish with a little lemon juice and lay the fish on top of the potato salad. Decorate with a little spring onion.
Top Tip for making Michel Roux Jr.'s potato salad with grilled mackerel
Judith Horowitz, 30, from Burnley, Lancashire says when you cook fish in the pan or under the grill, let it cook undisturbed for 3-4 mins beore you touch it. It will develop a nice crust and be easier to turn.