Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
If you love mincemeat but fancy a change from mince pies, try these quick, healthy mincemeat cake bars. These treat-sized bars will satisfy your festive urge
- 250g wholemeal self raising flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 450g vegetarian mincemeat
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- In a large bowl combine the flour with the baking powder.
- Stir in the mincemeat and the beaten eggs with the agave nectar. Stir together to combine and then spoon in to a rectangular shallow tray bake tin.
- Bake in the oven at 180ºC/356ºF/Gas Mark 4 for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Cool in the tin then cut into snack size bars.
Top Tip for making Mincemeat cake bars
Agave nectar is a sweetening syrup which you can buy in health stores or Waitrose. If you can't find it in your local supermarket, substitute with honey