Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Refreshing on a hot summer's day and great for barbecues - it's alcohol-free so the kids will love it too!
- 300g(10oz) caster sugar
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1 lime, sliced
- 750ml bottle of fizzy apple juice like Appletiser
- Sprigs of mint, slices of lime and ice, to serve
- Pour 300ml (½ pint) water into a pan and add the sugar. Place the pan on the hob and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the mint (the stalks as well as the leaves) and lime slices to the pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 mins. Remove the pan from the heat and leave syrup to cool.
- Strain the syrup into a bottle and discard the mint and lime. Chill it in the fridge.
- To serve: Place sprigs of mint and slices of lime in a jug, or glasses, add ice and half-fill the glasses with mint syrup; add the Appletiser to dilute to taste. The syrup will keep in a bottle in the fridge for up to 1 week. (Not suitable for freezing).
Top Tip for making Mint and apple cooler
Looking for a juice extractor? Our user recommends one that makes easy smoothies.