Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
These pastry parcels will smell delicious when they come out of the oven, and combine the tangy taste of fresh vegetables with creamy blue cheese
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely diced
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 1 medium egg white, lightly beaten
- 60g (2oz) blue Shropshire cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Heat a non-stick frying-pan, add the oil, pepper, celery and garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly coloured. Stir in the spring onion, herbs and seasoning. Set aside to cool.
- Set the oven to 200°C (400°C, gas mark 6). Brush one sheet of pastry with a little egg white. Lay a second sheet at right angles over the first, brush with egg white. Repeat with another two sheets at right angles.
- Spoon half the vegetables into the centre of the pastry and top with half the crumbled cheese. Gather up the ends of the pastry to form a parcel and press tightly together in the middle with your fingertips to seal. Arrange the top so the pastry is not too thick.
- Place the parcel on a baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Make another parcel. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve the pastries with salad and new potatoes.
Top Tip for making Mixed vegetable and blue cheese parcels
Filo pastry dries out and becomes fragile very quickly. Keep your sheets covered with a damp tea towel until you use them.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Mediterranean vegetable chilli
Chilli is such a great winter warmer meal and this vegetable chilli version, swapping meat for fresh veggies, is fabulously healthy too.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Use Quorn mince in this vegetarian Bolognese as a healthy and delicious alternative to meat. You will barely even be able to tell the difference.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
These beautiful lemon cupcakes are easy to make and always popular. They're perfect for bake sales or parties, or even just a family teatime treat.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Creamy carrot and parsnip soup
This delicious creamy carrot and parsnip soup recipe is easy to make, simple and healthy too - a delicious winter warmer!
By Sue McMahon • Published
The Hummingbird Bakery gingerbread men
Making a gingerbread man is easy with this simple recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery - it's one of their best sellers so you know yours will be delicious!
By GoodtoKnow • Published
The Revlon Blow Dry Brush the internet lost its mind over is so cheap for Amazon Prime Day
The best-selling Revlon Blow Dry Brush that went viral online has been price slashed
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Meghan Markle's favourite high street mascara is SO cheap
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published