Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Mackerel is rich in omega-3, which improves brain power - that's why this dish makes such a great lunch for growing kids.
- 4mackerel, gutted, heads removed, slashed a few timesOlive oil
- 1 large lemon, cut into wedges
For the dressing:
- 1tsp sea salt
- 2tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 5tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 4tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Couscous and salad, to serve
- 6tbsp lemon-infused oil (see Sue's tip)
- For the dressing: Dissolve salt in 3tbsp boiling water. Cool. Put the pine nuts in a bowl with the shallot, garlic and herbs. Season with pepper, then stir in lemon oil and salty water.
- For the mackerel: Rub each mackerel with a little olive oil and season.
- Griddle for 3-4 mins each side. Cook one or two at a time and keep them warm on a tray in oven.
- Spoon dressing over the fish. Serve with couscous flavoured with lemon and parsley, the lemon wedges, and salad. (Not suitable for freezing).
Top Tip for making Moroccan mackerel
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: No lemon-infused oil? Use olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice instead.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Fish chowder is a creamy and filling soup that's full of good-for-you fish and chunky veg. The perfect thing to warm you up on a winter evening.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
These beautiful lemon cupcakes are easy to make and always popular. They're perfect for bake sales or parties, or even just a family teatime treat.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Creamy carrot and parsnip soup
This delicious creamy carrot and parsnip soup recipe is easy to make, simple and healthy too - a delicious winter warmer!
By Sue McMahon • Published
The Hummingbird Bakery gingerbread men
Making a gingerbread man is easy with this simple recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery - it's one of their best sellers so you know yours will be delicious!
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published
How families can claim up to £600 worth of free food with Healthy Start vouchers
By Selina Maycock • Published