These savoury tarts are just the thing for a light lunch with friends
- 250g (9oz) brown/chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 10ml (2 tsp) honey grain mustard (or mix wholegrain mustard with honey)
- 60ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 175g (6oz) fresh spinach
- 150g (5oz) ricotta cheese
- 30ml (2 tbsp) chives, finely chopped
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) nutmeg, grated
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 350g (12oz) puff pastry
- Pre-heat oven 200º C (400º F) Gas no 6.
- Put sliced mushrooms on a baking tray. Mix together the mustard and olive oil and drizzle over the mushrooms.
- Roast mushrooms until soft and all moisture has evaporated (about 15 mins).
- Rinse spinach and blanch until just losing its shape, then drain and wring out all moisture.
- Chop spinach finely.
- Mix together ricotta, spinach, chives, nutmeg and beaten eggs. Season to taste.
- Roll out pastry according to pack instructions and cut into four 18cm (6") circles.
- Use the trimmings to make raised borders to each tart. Place on greased baking sheets and prick the bases with a fork.
- Fill each tart with the ricotta mixture and then spoon mushrooms on top. Bake for 20 minutes until golden.