Our Spanish paella salad takes the all the flavours of this much loved traditional rice dish, and transforms them into a speedy and simple rice salad. A real paella takes lots of time, and plenty of prep, but this paella salad is ready in no time at all, with minimal effort. Juicy king prawns make this rice dish feel that bit more special. We love Argentinian prawns, they often come in the shells and have amazing flavour. Adding white wine to this paella salad gives such depth of flavour, and the green olives add a lovely touch of salt that balances the dish so well. A portion of this paella is just 264 calories making it a perfect low calorie meals option.
- 250g raw frozen king prawns, defrosted
- 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet Spanish-Style Grains & Rice
- 125ml white wine
- 125ml chicken stock
- 120g frozen peas, defrosted
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 90g green olives
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pre-heat the grill, and place the raw prawns on a grill pan and grill for 2-3 mins a side until just pink all over and cooked through. Remove from the grill and allow to cool.
- In a large frying pan, heat the Spanish-Style Grains & Rice with the white wine, chicken stock and peas. Cook over a high heat until just boiling.
- Take off the heat and allow to stand for a few minutes to cool – the rice will absorb the wine and stock. Stir in the cooked prawns, peas, cherry tomatoes and olives, and top with lemon wedges.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Jules is a creative and talented Food Editor with over 12 years' experience in the food industry across brands and magazine titles. Jules' experience is cast and varied, from food Editor to food writing. She is also passionate about food sustainability and has an amazing talent for food Styling.
Slimming World's chilli and cauliflower rice recipe
This Slimming World chilli and cauliflower rice is easy to make, but healthy and satisfying to eat - the perfect mid-week supper that will please the whole family!
By Slimming World Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer Published
Prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon
Our prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon is so simple to make at home and is bursting with plenty of flavour - the perfect mid-week meal.
By Jessica Dady Published