Our Spanish paella (opens in new tab) salad takes the all the flavours of this much loved traditional rice dish, and transforms them into a speedy and simple rice salad. A real paella takes lots of time, and plenty of prep, but this paella salad is ready in no time at all, with minimal effort. Juicy king prawns make this rice dish feel that bit more special. We love Argentinian prawns, they often come in the shells and have amazing flavour. Adding white wine to this paella salad gives such depth of flavour, and the green olives add a lovely touch of salt that balances the dish so well. A portion of this paella is just 264 calories making it a perfect low calorie meals (opens in new tab) option.
- 250g raw frozen king prawns, defrosted
- 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet Spanish-Style Grains & Rice
- 125ml white wine
- 125ml chicken stock
- 120g frozen peas, defrosted
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 90g green olives
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pre-heat the grill, and place the raw prawns on a grill pan and grill for 2-3 mins a side until just pink all over and cooked through. Remove from the grill and allow to cool.
- In a large frying pan, heat the Spanish-Style Grains & Rice with the white wine, chicken stock and peas. Cook over a high heat until just boiling.
- Take off the heat and allow to stand for a few minutes to cool – the rice will absorb the wine and stock. Stir in the cooked prawns, peas, cherry tomatoes and olives, and top with lemon wedges.
Jules is a creative and talented Food Editor with over 12 years' experience in the food industry across brands and magazine titles. Jules' experience is cast and varied, from food Editor to food writing. She is also passionate about food sustainability and has an amazing talent for food Styling.
Slimming World's chilli and cauliflower rice recipe
This Slimming World chilli and cauliflower rice is easy to make, but healthy and satisfying to eat - the perfect mid-week supper that will please the whole family!
By Slimming World • Published
Warm rainbow cabbage salad
This warm rainbow cabbage salad is the perfect healthy side for the cooler months of the year, giving you a fresh crunch with your meal without it being too chilly...
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Greek-style stuffed chicken and salad
Greek-style stuffed chicken is made with spinach and feta and a mixed veg salad for a healthy dinner that's just 313 calories and ready in 30 mins
By Jessica Dady • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Mum sparks packed lunch debate over her very organised prepping
By Lucy Buglass • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published