Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Want some party nibbles that don’t need cooking? These party cracker bites just need to be assembled and in minutes you have a colourful selection of tasty snacks. For the bases you can use crackers, oat cakes or baked-until-crisp thin slices of French bread. They’re best assembled no more than 30 mins before serving otherwise the crackers will start to soften, but if you have the toppings chopped and ready to go they’re very quick to put together. Serve them on black slate boards with a glass of fizz for New Year’s eve or simply serve with a beer as a snack in front of the telly – whatever the occasion everyone will love them.
- 12 crackers
Beetroot & Horseradish:
- 50g soft cheese
- 1tsp creamed horseradish
- 50g cooked beetroot (not pickled), finely chopped
Sweetcorn & Tuna:
- 50g tuna pate
- 3tbsp drained canned sweetcorn
- 1tsp fresh chopped parsley
Cucumber & Pepper Hummous
- 50g red pepper hummous
- ¼ cucumber cut into thin sticks
- 1tbsp mustard and cress
- Lay the crackers out on a board. For the beetroot and horseradish topping, mix together the soft cheese and horseradish and spread over four of the crackers. Top with chopped beetroot and season with freshly ground pepper.
- For the sweetcorn & tuna topping, spread the tuna pate over four crackers, top with the sweetcorn and a sprinkling of chopped parsley. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- For the cucumber and hummus topping, spread the red pepper hummus over the remaining crackers. Top with the cucumber and mustard and cress. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve within 30 mins of assembling.
Top Tip for making Party cracker bites
All these toppings are also good on mini jacket potatoes for a hot canapé.
Creme Egg cupcakes
By Victoria Threader • Published
This delicious Cuban classic is full of spicy flavours with tangy green olives this Picadillo recipe is sure to go down a storm with friends and family
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Thai red chicken curry
Try our tasty Thai red chicken curry recipe
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Gordon Ramsay's chocolate doughnuts
Make perfect doughnuts at home with Gordon Ramsay's chocolate doughnuts recipe, made with malt powder and filled with a sweet chocolate cream.
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Pilchard fishcakes are a flavour-packed lunch or party food that makes the most of a British ingredient. Pilchards are cheap to buy and full of healthy fats.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Puff pastry minced beef pie
This delicious puff pastry minced beef pie is pleasingly easy to whip up but is always a hit with the whole family. The crisp, flaky golden pastry is a winner.
By Jessica Dady • Published
The Queen's early morning sweet snack is very pricey
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Is Gone Fishing coming back and how many episodes are there?
Fans are wondering if Gone Fishing is coming back on TV starring Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse.
By Selina Maycock • Last updated
The Revlon Blow Dry Brush the internet lost its mind over is so cheap for Amazon Prime Day
The best-selling Revlon Blow Dry Brush that went viral online has been price slashed
By Caitlin Elliott • Published