This quick and easy pasta salad is perfect for lunches and picnics. It's just as tasty cold, so can easily be made a day in advance
- 300g fusilli pasta
- 300g new potatoes
- Two spring onions
- Two large handfuls of spinach
- 200g sour cream
- 200g lardons (small strips or cubes of pork fat)
- Chopped flat leaf parsley to serve
- Cook the pasta and drain. Cut the potatoes into quarters and boil or steam until cooked.
- Fry the lardons in their own fat (you may need to add a splash of olive oil) when they start to brown add the spinach and cook for a further couple of minutes until limp.
- Finely chop the parsley and add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix well and season to taste. Can be served hot or cold.
Top Tip for making Pasta, potato and bacon salad
Add some chopped green pepper or avocado to the pasta and serve it on mini gem lettuce leaves to get some more greens into the meal.