Paul Merrett shows you how to make his delicious Spanish-style omelette. This sweet potato, mushroom and Feta tortilla is the ultimate weekend brunch recipe
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 orange flesh sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm dice
- 180g Feta cheese, diced
- 16 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the dip
- Small pot of sour cream (about 150 ml)
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- A little smoked paprika / paprika
- Use a non-stick pan for the best results. Heat the pan and add about a tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the sweet potatoes and gently fry, allowing them to lightly colour. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and allow them to colour slightly. Add to the sweet potato bowl. Reduce the heat, add the sliced onions and cook them until they are soft and translucent. Add to the bowl.
- Pour the eggs onto the vegetables in the bowl and add the Feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix gently.
- Wipe the pan, add a little olive oil and increase the heat. Pour the egg mix into the pan.
- Allow the tortilla to cook and set slightly. Meanwhile, make your dip by mixing the sliced spring onions and sour cream with a dusting of paprika.
- Turn the tortilla by placing a plate on top of the pan and turn it over. Slide it back into the frying pan so that the uncooked side of the tortilla is now on the base of the pan. Once cooked, serve with the dip.
Top Tip for making Paul Merrett's sweet potato, mushroom and feta tortilla
If you're too scared to flip the tortilla you can place the pan in the oven to cook the top
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Cloud eggs recipe: How to make Instagram's latest breakfast obsession
Our cloud eggs recipe is really a pretty way to serve up your breakfast. With fluffy bottoms and dippy tops the whole family will love these...
By Rosie Conroy • Published
Blueberry and kiwi smoothie
This healthy and easy to make Blueberry and kiwi smoothie is the perfect choice for breakfast or as a quick, pick me up snack.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Creme Egg cupcakes
By Victoria Threader • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Why is there an egg shortage in the UK? Here’s why supermarkets are running out of eggs
Find out why is there an egg shortage, as some supermarkets see their shelves left empty as a result of the ongoing issue.
By Ellie Hutchings • Last updated
McDonald's has AXED another beloved breakfast favourite from the menu
Another McDonald's breakfast favourite has been axed!
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Make this Mother's Day one to remember with John Lewis and AirPods
By Emily Stedman • Published