Paul Merrett shows you how to make his delicious Spanish-style omelette. This sweet potato, mushroom and Feta tortilla is the ultimate weekend brunch recipe
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 orange flesh sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm dice
- 180g Feta cheese, diced
- 16 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the dip
- Small pot of sour cream (about 150 ml)
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- A little smoked paprika / paprika
- Use a non-stick pan for the best results. Heat the pan and add about a tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the sweet potatoes and gently fry, allowing them to lightly colour. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and allow them to colour slightly. Add to the sweet potato bowl. Reduce the heat, add the sliced onions and cook them until they are soft and translucent. Add to the bowl.
- Pour the eggs onto the vegetables in the bowl and add the Feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix gently.
- Wipe the pan, add a little olive oil and increase the heat. Pour the egg mix into the pan.
- Allow the tortilla to cook and set slightly. Meanwhile, make your dip by mixing the sliced spring onions and sour cream with a dusting of paprika.
- Turn the tortilla by placing a plate on top of the pan and turn it over. Slide it back into the frying pan so that the uncooked side of the tortilla is now on the base of the pan. Once cooked, serve with the dip.
Top Tip for making Paul Merrett's sweet potato, mushroom and feta tortilla
If you're too scared to flip the tortilla you can place the pan in the oven to cook the top
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Cloud eggs recipe: How to make Instagram's latest breakfast obsession
Our cloud eggs recipe is really a pretty way to serve up your breakfast. With fluffy bottoms and dippy tops the whole family will love these...
By Rosie Conroy Published
Creme Egg cupcakes
By Victoria Threader Published
Blueberry and kiwi smoothie
This healthy and easy to make Blueberry and kiwi smoothie is the perfect choice for breakfast or as a quick, pick me up snack.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published