Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A cheap and easy to make pasta dish for children or adults that can be made in under 15 minutes with peas and leftover meat
- 150g (5oz) dried pasta bows
- 100g (3½oz) frozen peas
- 100g (3½oz) smoked bacon bits
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- About 30g (1oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8 mins (or according to pack instructions),until tender. Add the peas to cook for the last min. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon to release its fat. Cook until crispy, then add the garlic and spring onions, and cook for a further min.
- Mix the bacon mixture and juices with the pasta and peas, drizzle with oil and season with black pepper. Serve with grated Cheddar.
Top Tip for making Pea and ham pasta
Use leftover ham chunks, ora can of tuna or pilchards, for this quick dish.