It takes just 12 minutes to bake these mouth-watering peanut butter fairy cakes. If you love all things sweet and nutty, these delicious peanut butter and Snickers bar cakes will prove totally irresistible. This recipe makes 18 mini fairy cakes. Each fairy cake is topped with a rich peanut butter and hazelnut icing and finished with a piece of Snickers chocolate bar.
- 150g(5½ oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- 115g (4oz) soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g (4½ oz) crunchy peanut butter
- 125g (4½ oz) self-raising flour
- 30g (1oz) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 60ml (2 fl oz) milk
- Hazelnut and peanut butter icing (frosting)
- 120g (4¼ oz) hazelnut spread, softened
- 90g (3¼ oz) crunchy peanut butter, softened
- 2 x 60g (2¼ oz) chocolate-coated peanut bars (such as Snickers), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas mark 4). Line 18 flat-bottomed patty holes with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl with electric beaters until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined. Fold in the sifted flours alternately with the milk until combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cases. Bake for 10-12 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cake. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the hazelnut and peanut butter icing, combine the hazelnut spread and peanut butter. Spread the icing over each cake and decorate with a piece of chocolate peanut bar.
Top Tip for making Peanut butter fairy cakes
Cassandra Andrews, 63 from Inverness suggests adding a bay leaf to your flour container to keep it free from moisture.
You might also like…
Peanut butter cupcakes (opens in new tab)
Fairy cakes (opens in new tab)
Cupcake recipe (opens in new tab)