Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This pear and blueberry cake is a fruity, sugary delight- be sure to make enough for seconds!
- 450g (1lb) wholemeal self raising flour, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 250g (9oz) butter, diced
- 350g golden granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 large pears, peeled cored and sliced
- 200g (7oz) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Grease and baseline a 20.5cm round tin.
- Rub together the flour, salt and butter until they look like breadcrumbs. Add 250g (9oz) sugar and the beaten egg and stir.
- Spoon half the mix in the bottom of the tin, top with the sliced pears and the blueberries, keeping a few slices of pear and a few blueberries back. Sprinkle with some of the remaining sugar. Spoon over the remaining cake mix.
- Place the remaining fruit on top pressing down slightly, and finish off the left over sugar.
- Bake for 1hr to 1hr 10 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool and remove form the tin.
- Serve warm or cold.