Make the most of sweet, colourful peppers and smoky chorizo with this tasty one-pot dish, which is brilliant for breakfast or supper!
- 4 medium mixed peppers, e.g. red, yellow and orange
- 200g (7oz) whole chorizo sausage
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, flat-leafed parsley or coriander, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Halve, de-seed and roughly chop the peppers. Remove the outer skin from the chorizo and chop it into small bite-sized pieces.
- Put the chorizo in a large, non-stick frying pan and stir over a medium heat until the oil starts to run from the sausage. Add the peppers, onion and garlic to the pan and stir-fry over a brisk heat for 10-15 mins, until the peppers and onion are tender, deep golden brown and a bit sticky (it will look as though there is too much mixture at first but the vegetables do cook down).
- Stir the chopped herbs into the beaten egg with plenty of salt and pepper then pour over the pepper mixture. Tilt the pan a little to make sure the egg goes all over the pan.
- Leave the pan over a moderate heat for 3-4 mins until the egg is lightly set. If there is still a little runny egg in the centre of the pan, pop it under a hot grill for 1-2mins. Serve in thick wedges with garlic bread.
Top Tip for making Pepper and chorizo frittata
If you can take a little heat, fry some chopped red chilli with the peppers. Make a vegetarian alternative and replace the sausage with 175g (6oz) chopped shiitake mushrooms. You will have to add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to the pan.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Cloud eggs recipe: How to make Instagram's latest breakfast obsession
Our cloud eggs recipe is really a pretty way to serve up your breakfast. With fluffy bottoms and dippy tops the whole family will love these...
By Rosie Conroy Published
White Fish and Chorizo Stew
Our white fish and chorizo stew is a really simple dish but full of flavour.
By Samuel Goldsmith Published
Creme Egg milkshake
This delicious Creme Egg milkshake is the perfect treat for Easter. We've added booze too, for a naughty weekend treat but this can be left out for kids!
By Jessica Dady Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published