Nothing beats a classic pepperoni pizza, and with added mushrooms and olives this dish is far healthier than shop-bought pizza.
- 1 sheet of shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 45ml (3tbsp) tomato puree or pizza sauce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 75g (3oz) salami or pepperoni, sliced
- 50g (2oz) button mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 8 black olives
- 100g (4oz) mozzarella, grated or sliced
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and lay it on a baking sheet. Brush around the edges with the beaten egg and roll the edge over all the way round to make a rim.
- Spread the centre of the pastry with puree and then top with the other ingredients.
- Bake for 18-20 mines until the pastry is golden and the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot with salad.