This easy pepperoni pizza is given a chilli and onion twist. Forget ordering in takeaway pizza making your own is far more satisfying and much cheaper. This one has a lovely thick dough base and is topped with masses of melting cheese and spicy pepperoni sausage and Mexican jalapeno peppers. Prepare everything before you start and make sure the kitchen is warm to help the dough rise quickly. To get a really crisp pizza base heat a heavy-duty metal baking sheet or pizza stone in the oven for 15 mins, sprinkle with a little cornmeal or flour then carefully slide the pizza onto the hot surface and bake. This recipe serves 2-4 people and will take around 45 mins to prepare and cook, plus cooling time. This pepperoni pizza is bursting with flavour, spice and is sure to become a family regular!
- 300g strong white bread flour
- 1½tsp easy bake or fast action dried yeast
- ½tsp salt
- Approx 180ml hand hot water
- ½ x 300g jar tomato and basil pizza topping
- 200g bag ready grated Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese
- 1tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
- 130g packet thinly sliced pepperoni sausage
- 2 green jalapeno peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- Few thinly sliced onion rings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the yeast and salt. Add the water and mix to a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 5mins until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with cling film. Leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size (about 1 hr).
- Punch the risen dough to knock out the large air bubbles and knead for 1 min. Roll the dough out to a 25cm circle and place on a large baking sheet. Cover loosely with greased cling film and leave in a warm place for 20mins until puffy.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Fan 200°C/Gas Mark 7. Spread the pizza topping over the base leaving a 1cm border. Top with the grated cheese and sprinkle over the dried herbs. Arrange the pepperoni slices on top and scatter over the jalapeno pepper and onion slices. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15mins until the base is crisp and the cheese is melted, golden and bubbling. Serve garnished with basil leaves.
Top Tip for making Pepperoni pizza with chilli and onion
You’ll find jars of jalapeno peppers in brine near the Mexican products in larger supermarkets. Or for a more fiery topping use sliced fresh red chilli peppers.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Weight Watchers florentine pizza recipe
This Weight Watchers Florentine pizza is delicious! Don't miss out on a tasty pizza treat and opt instead for this healthy version - a classic favourite to have without ruining your diet.
By WW (Weight Watchers) Published
Pissaladière is a French variation on the classic Italian pizza. We've topped ours with with onions, olives and anchovies - delicious!
By Jules Mercer Published
Cauliflower pizza is a healthier take on a treat, with the base made of cauliflower pressed into shape, making it wheat free and just 213 calories
By Jessica Dady Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published