Fancy trying something a little bit different? Serve these delicious plum cupcakes warm with runny honey for a new idea for dessert
Ingredients for the base
- 40g light brown sugar
- 40g unsalted butter
- 10 small plums sliced
Ingredients for the cakes
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g dark muscovado sugar
- 80g self-raising flour and 20g cornflour, sifted together
- 2 eggs
- 40g ground almonds
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsps milk, room temperature
- Runny honey
You will need
- Deep muffin pan
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas Mark 3
- To make the base: Mix the sugar and butter, then spread evenly into the bottoms of the muffin trays.
- De-stone and slice the plums and arrange onto the top of the butter and sugar mix.
- To make the cakes: Beat the sugar and butter for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy then add 1 egg and a half of the sifted flour and beat. Repeat with the other egg and the remaining flour. Add the milk and beat again then fold in the lemon zest and ground almonds.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin trays and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin for 30 minutes to set. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cakes and placing a cooling rack over the top of the muffin tray to turn the cakes out on the rack.
- Serve warm with some runny honey.
Top Tip for making Plum upside-down cupcakes
You can serve these cupcakes in individual ramekins to serve them as desserts
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Our easy butterfly buns recipe is perfect for kids. We've kept our butterfly cake recipe simple - just slice the tops off and fill with buttercream and jam...
By Jessica Dady • Published
Mary Berry's almond cupcakes
Mary Berry's deliciously moist almond cupcakes are packed with apricots and sultanas for a fruity twist. Make 12 cupcakes using this recipe...
By Mary Berry • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
When does autumn start? First day of autumn 2022
If you're wondering when does autumn start in the UK, we reveal the official date and month that marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn
By Ellie Hutchings • Last updated
Surprisingly cheap Mother's Day gift mums ACTUALLY want as chocolate and jewellery drop in popularity
New research has found that many mums in the UK have a very simple wish list this Mother's Day
By Emma Dooney • Published
When is the budget? Date, time and other details of the Autumn Statement 2022
Find out here when is the budget announcement and what to expect, from income tax and pensions to energy bills and spending cuts
By Ellie Hutchings • Published