This dish of pork and chorizo sausage and butterbean mash makes for a filling and tasty dinner. Sausage and mash are a classic dinner option, but using the smoky chorizo sausage gives more variety to your meal. The sausage comes with a hint of red peppers and paprika flavour, giving your dish extra tasty pizzazz. The mash made out of potatoes and creamy butterbeans is high in protein and potassium, so it’s good for your heart. Fry chopped leafy greens to go with your sausage and mash, and mix them together with half-fat crème fraîche and nutmeg for a delicious side. Serve with the traditional mustard.
- 8 pork and chorizo sausages
- 250g potatoes
- 25g butter
- 150ml milk
- 400g tin butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 1tsp sunflower oil
- 200g leafy greens, chopped
- 4tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- Wholegrain mustard, to serve
- Heat the grill to medium high and cook the sausages for 15 mins until cooked through and crisp, turning regularly.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the potatoes and put them in a deep pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-12 mins until tender, then drain well. Add the butter and milk to the pan and return to a low heat. Once melted, tip in the butterbeans and mash well. Add the potato, season and mash until well combined and smooth.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large pan and fry the leafy greens for 2 mins. Stir through the crème fraîche and nutmeg, and remove from the heat.
- Spoon the butterbean mash onto each plate with some creamy greens and top with sausages. Serve the pork and chorizo sausage and butterbean mash with mustard.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Sausage and bean stew
Our sausage and bean stew is a fail-safe family recipe. It's basically baked beans and sausages, but it's so good you'll never want to eat them out of a tin again.
By Jessica Dady Published
Mexican bean sausage soup
Mexican bean and sausage soup is a warm and filling dinner or lunch recipe that you'll want to make time and time again with spicy chorizo and more
By Nichola Palmer Published
Beans and sausage bake
This beans and sausage bake is packed with chunky potatoes, flageolet and kidney beans in a rich, tomato sauce. A perfect sausage supper.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published