An Indian-inspired dish of chunks of lean pork marinated in spiced yogurt and grilled. Perfect with salad and wraps in the summer when you can pop the kebabs on the BBQ.
- 675g lean pork, cut into 2cm thick pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece root ginger, grated
- ½-1tsp chilli powder
- 11/2tsp each of ground cumin, ground coriander and turmeric
- 8tbsp whole milk natural yogurt and extra to serve
- 2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Put the pork in a shallow dish and season well. Mix the remaining ingredients together except the fresh coriander and spoon over the pork. Mix well to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hrs.
- Preheat the grill to a medium setting. Thread the pork between 8 skewers and place them on a grill rack. Brush them with any spiced yogurt that’s left in the dish.
- Grill for 7-8 mins then turn over and brush with more spiced yogurt. Return to the grill to cook for a further 6-7 mins until tender and thoroughly cooked.
- To serve, drain the pork kebabs and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Ideal served with crisp salad, wraps and extra yogurt to spoon over.
Top Tip for making Pork kebabs tandoori-style
These kebabs are delicious as they are but if you have more time, leave them to marinate overnight for even more flavour. They are good cold as part of a picnic or packed lunch.