Our chilli pork noodle bowls are a warming and delicious winter dish. This healthy week-night meal is easy to prepare, and can be made ahead and frozen, so you have a good-for-you ready meal for those days where there just isn't time to cook. Transport yourself to Japan with this incredible pork noodle recipe. It's a beautiful bowl full of Asian flavours.
- 450g pork fillet
- 2.5cm root ginger, grated
- 5tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 2 nests (190g) medium egg noodles
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1ltr chicken stock
- 2tsp sriracha hot chilli sauce
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 125g bean sprouts
- 1tsp red chilli, chopped
- sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, optional
- Season the pork, sprinkle over the ginger, soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Marinate and leave in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 200°C and heat a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Brown the pork in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan on a hot griddle pan for 5 minutes, turning as needed. Then put in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until juices run clear. Once cool, slice finely.
- Heat a pan of salted water. Add the egg noodles and cook for 4 minutes, or following the packet instructions, then drain them.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Add the red onion and cook for a few minutes, to soften.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan with the chilli sauce, and green beans. Cook for a few minutes to soften the beans.
- Divide the noodles between the bowls, then the beans, onion, finely chopped chilli, bean sprouts sliced pork. To garnish, place sprigs of coriander on top. Serve with lime wedges for added flavour.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Gousto's Wagamama yasai yaki udon
For a perfect taste of takeaway fakery, try this Gousto's Wagamama yasai yaki udon. Serve with sesame seeds and pickled ginger.
By Sibelle Mehmet • Published
Learn how to make pork curry at home with this cheap, quick and easy recipe. This delicious pork curry recipe is a real family favourite
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Chicken, pea and noodle salad
By Sue McMahon • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published