Fancy something light but satisfying? Dig into this chunky chicken salad, packed with sweet roasted peppers and topped with crunchy ciabatta croutons, which only take 5 minutes to make
For the salad:
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange pepper, all deseeded and roughly sliced
- 6 tbsp Italian dressing, plus extra to serve
- 150g green beans
- 125g baby leaf spinach
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
For the croutons:
- ½ ciabatta loaf torn into 2cm chunks
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6.
- Place chicken and peppers on a large roasting tray. Drizzle with the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 mins, turning the peppers occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through (to check insert a metal skewer into the thickest part of the breast, and press. If the juices run clear, it is cooked). Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil, add the beans, and boil for 3 mins. Drain and plunge into cold water for a minute. Drain again.
- Meanwhile, place ciabatta in a large bowl, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then drizzle with the oil. Mix quickly using your hands, then tip onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven for 5 mins, until golden.
- To serve: toss the spinach and beans with a splash of dressing, then place on serving plates. Slice the chicken and scatter over the leaves with peppers and any cooled pan juices. Sprinkle with Parmesan and croutons and serve.
Top Tip for making Roast chicken and pepper salad
You can use up your leftover roast chicken in this recipe. Just roast the peppers as instructed, then add any leftover chicken 5 minutes from the end to warm it up and add some flavour to it.
Top tip for roast chicken and pepper salad
You might also like...
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Greek-style stuffed chicken and salad
Greek-style stuffed chicken is made with spinach and feta and a mixed veg salad for a healthy dinner that's just 313 calories and ready in 30 mins
By Jessica Dady • Published
Moroccan chicken salad
Moroccan chicken salad is a delicious, warming salad that is full of flavour and freshly garnished too. It will keep you fuller for longer
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry
This delicious Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry recipe takes a classic dish and reduces the calories to turn it into a healthy family meal
By Hairy Bikers • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Is the Wim Hof Method healthy? Wim Hof's new TV show Freeze the Fear explained
By Selina Maycock • Published
Is granola healthy? How it affects weight loss and healthiest granola brands
By Emily Stedman • Published
This 11p lunch is perfect for saving money as living costs rise
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published