This mouthwatering summer salad is full of Mediterranean flavours for a real lunchtime pick-me-up
- 3 yellow peppers, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 4 large courgettes, sliced
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 400g (14oz) cherry tomatoes
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 115g (4oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
- Couscous, garlic, fresh basil and 200g (7oz) feta cheese, roughly crumbled, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Put the peppers and courgettes in a large roasting tin and drizzle with the olive oil. Season well and roast for 20 mins. Add the tomatoes and lemon zest and juice, then roast for a further 10 mins.
Allow to cool a little before combining with the spinach leaves.
Serve in salad bowls on a bed of couscous flavoured with a little garlic and fresh basil leaves, and top with the feta cheese.
Top tip for making Roast vegetable and feta salad
To spice things up, add ½ tsp each of cinnamon, cumin and coriander to the couscous.