Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Lots of us tend to forget about salads in the winter, but were missing a trick. A little imagination mixed with bountiful seasonal vegetables and you can have a tasty and super healthy warm salad. Roasting vegetables makes such a difference; as they take on a sweeter, caramelised taste. The tang of the raw apple in this recipe adds some cool crunch against the warm sweet vegetables and makes a perfect starter or a light lunch.
- 2 carrots, sliced and quartered
- 2 courgettes, sliced and quartered
- 3 red onions, quartered
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 apples
- 1 bag of rocket
- Balsamic dressing for garnishing
- In a large roasting tin, tumble in the chopped carrots, courgettes and onions. Drizzle them in the oil and sprinkle over the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated oven 220°C/420°F/Gas Mark 7 for 20mins, tossing after 10mins.
- Meanwhile core and dice the apples and squeeze the lemon juice over them to prevent from browning. Empty the rocket into a large serving bowls and add the apple pieces, before mixing through the roasted vegetables.
- Before serving, drizzle a balsamic dressing over the salad and let everyone help themselves. Best served with warm pitta breads to fill.
Top Tip for making Roasted root vegetable salad
Crumble some goats cheese over the top for an extra layer of flavour.