This delicious, easy roasted vegetable pizza recipe is a great takeaway alternative. This simple recipe contains less than 10g fat - great if you want to be healthy. This recipe serves 4 people and will take around 50 mins to prepare and cook. We'd recommend making the base of this pizza in advance as it needs 1hr rising time before you can work with the dough and cook it. This delicious pizza is topped with mouth-watering roasted vegetables including onion, courgette and peppers. Serve this easy roasted vegetable pizza with a freshly prepared rocket salad or with homemade potato wedges - the whole family will love this vegetarian option.
For the pizza dough
- 250g (8oz) strong plain flour
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- Pinch each of salt and sugar
- 2tsp olive oil
For the topping
- 1 large red or white onion, peeled and cut into 16 wedges
- 1 large courgette, about 300g (10oz), thickly sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2tsp olive oil
- 4tbsp tomato ketchup
- 60g (2oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- To make the dough: Mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl, then mix in 175ml (6fl oz) warm water and the oil to make a soft dough. Knead the dough for about 8 mins on the work surface. You shouldn't need extra flour. When the dough is smooth and elastic, put it back into the clean bowl, and cover with cling film. Leave for about an hour in a warm place for the dough to double in size.
- Meanwhile, set the oven to gas mark 7 or 220°C. Prepare the vegetables for the pizza topping and mix them with the oil, in a roasting tin. Roast for 15 mins, stir them, and roast for another 10 mins until just beginning to brown. Leave them to cool.
- When the dough has doubled in size, turn it out, knock it back and roll it out to a round about 28-30cm (11-12in) in diameter, or as big as you can to fit a heavy-based baking sheet. Put the dough on the baking sheet. Spread with ketchup, almost to the edges.
- Scatter the roasted vegetables on top, then sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 25 mins. Strew rocket leaves on top to serve, with extra salad, if you like. (Not suitable for freezing).
Top Tip for making Roasted vegetable pizza
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon suggests using a selection of your favourite veg to put on the pizza.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Weight Watchers florentine pizza recipe
This Weight Watchers Florentine pizza is delicious! Don't miss out on a tasty pizza treat and opt instead for this healthy version - a classic favourite to have without ruining your diet.
By WW (Weight Watchers) • Published
Pissaladière is a French variation on the classic Italian pizza. We've topped ours with with onions, olives and anchovies - delicious!
By Jules Mercer • Published
Baked stuffed peppers
This recipe for roasted bacon and egg stuffed peppers is a classic woman's weekly recipe taken from 1958. Stuff the peppers with bacon, egg and breadrumbs and spinkle with plenty of cheese. Bake for 50 mins and serve hot with peas or salad.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published
Pizza oven Black Friday deal: Save £30 on this Salter Professional outdoor portable pizza oven - slices ready in 60 seconds
This pizza oven will help you create the perfect 'fake-away' dinner at home over the festive season
By Selina Maycock • Published