Salmon fillets are tasty, full of nutrients and very easy to cook. Here the salmon is served on a bed of fragrant rice- packed with goodness, this dish is simply perfect food!
- 1 1/2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 225g (8 oz) arborio rice
- 700ml (1pt) chicken or vegetable stock
- 300ml (1/2pt) dry white wine
- 85g (3 oz) frozen peas
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
- 4 salmon fillets
- 55g (2 oz) pro.activ low fat spread
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion until soft. Add the rice and stir until well coated with the oil.
- Add enough stock to just cover the rice and simmer until just absorbed. Add more stock and repeat until all stock and wine is used
- Add peas for last 3 mins of cooking time and finely stir in lemon and herbs.
- While the risotto is cooking, place each salmon fillet on a square of foil and top with the spread and lemon juice. Fold up and cook in preheated oven 180°C/350°F/gas 4 for around 15 mins or until cooked.
- Serve the fish on top of the risotto and garnish with fresh herbs.