Have some sausages in the fridge that need using up? This tasty recipe is the perfect answer and will please all the family. A tray bake of sliced potatoes, sausages and cherry tomatoes served with chopped spring onions and your favourite salad leaves is a dinner winner. Serve with a readymade dressing of your choice for an extra topping flavour.
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 500g baby new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 pork and herb sausages
- 225g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 handfuls your favourite baby salad leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Lightly grease a large baking tray with a little of the oil. Put the potato slices in a bowl and toss in the oil, garlic and plenty of seasoning. Spread evenly over the baking tray and cook for 15 mins.
- Turn the potatoes and arrange the sausages on top. Bake for a further 20 mins. Turn the sausages, top with the cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 more mins until everything is tender and cooked through.
- Just before serving, drain the sausages, chop roughly and put in a heatproof bowl. Drain the potatoes and tomatoes and gently toss into the sausages along with the spring onion.
- Pile on to warm serving plates and season to taste. Serve with salad leaves and your favourite salad dressing if liked.
Top Tip for making Sausage, roast new potato and tomato salad
You can easily make this recipe vegetarian by use veggie sausages instead.