Try something different with your bangers and serve them with Woman's Weekly's seasonal mashed potatoes, parsnips and apples - delicious!
- 8 Lincolnshire sausages
- 400g (14oz) potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400g (14oz) parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, quartered, cored and chopped
- 100ml (3½oz) milk
- 50g (1¾oz) butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼tsp ground nutmeg
- 3tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4tsp cranberry and caramelised red onion chutney (eg, Baxters Cranberry & Caramelised Red Onion Chutney)
- 1 eating apple, sliced horizontally, to serve (optional)
- 4 flat-leaf parsley sprigs, to serve (optional)
- Set oven to 200°C or gas mark 6. Line a roasting tin with a non-stick Teflon sheet. Separate sausages and arrange in the tin. Roast for 30 mins (turning once), until brown.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes, parsnips and apples into a pan of salted water. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- Drain potatoes. Return to pan. Keep heat on gently to dry out potatoes for 1 min. Add milk and butter. Turn off heat. Mash apples, potatoes and parsnips until smooth.
- Season and stir in nutmeg and parsley. Serve potatoes with sausages, and cranberry and caramelised red onion chutney.
- Pan-fry apple slices in a nonstick pan for 1 min, turn and cook until golden. Add slices to plates, and garnish with a sprig of parsley, if you like.
Top Tip for making Sausages with parsnip apple mash
Stop sausages stickingto the roasting tin byusing a Teflon-coatednon-stick sheet. Rinseand reuse to save timescrubbing. Alternatively,use non-stick baking paper.